Who I Am
Robbi Sommers Bryant’s award-winning books include a novella, 6 novels, 5 short-story collections, and 1 book of poetry. Her work has been published in magazines including Readers Digest, Redbook, Penthouse, college textbooks, and many anthologies. As editor-in-chief of the Redwood Writers 2018 anthology, she supervised the creation and publication of Redemption: Stories From the Edge. Robbi’s work was also optioned for television’s Movie of the Week, and she appeared on TV’s Jane Whitney Show to discuss her article, “A Victim’s Revenge.”
Robbi is past president of Redwood Writers (350+ members) which is a branch of the largest writing club in California. California Writers Club.
Besides writing, her professional focus includes developmental editing, copy editing, and proofreading. She is also a professional writing coach.
Robbi is the recipient of the prestigious Jack London award for 2019 and has won 13 book awards. Bedazzled Ink will release her newest novel, The Darkness, in February 2021.
What I Do
Developmental Edit / Substantive:
- a significant structural and in-depth critique of your work.
- help find and fix the “holes” or problems with your story.
- restructuring, rearranging, developing plot, and characterization.
- edit the manuscript for sentence structure.
- create a rhythm to your writing,
- correcting errors in style, fixing POV issues, and correcting dangling modifiers.
- read your manuscript to find errors:
- grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Read-through Manuscript With Critique:
- read your manuscript with focus on the work as a whole.
- Are you accomplishing what you are intending to accomplish with your prose? Wouldn’t it be nice to find out?
Writing Coach: teach you the secrets of a good story.
- Point of View
- Story Arc
- Character Development
- Character Arc
- Subtext and Dialogue
Contact me to discuss your particular needs, my editing process, and fees.